Sunday, September 4, 2011

Up 2

So as of a couple of months I have been on a mission, a mission to put on weight but not just to put some pounds on but to put it on in the form of muscle. My goal initially was to put on 10lbs but now that I have put on the two I am rethinking that. I have been working very hard on increasing my muscles in my legs to ease pain and stress off of my back. I have been feeling such great satisfaction from working on my biceps, triceps and shoulders. The results are rewarding for me. My body has been a main focus throughout my life but not in always in a healthy way. I have been underweight according to BMI standards and it has no bothered me until we start talking family, with our plans for a family comes the need to live healthier and not have to scramble to put on weight when we decide to start. I want to put on the weight in a healthy manner and gradually. We are not rushing in any way but preparation is key. My goal for September is to start focusing on my abs. I will only be weighing myself on the first Saturday of each month, weight lifting 3 times a week and to gradually get back into running. I eat several healthy snacks, light lunches and will increase protein as part of meals. I have also been using chocolate milk as my recovery drink which is supposed to help when building muscle.
So as long as the scale is not lying and it was not a fluke, water weight or something else, I will consider myself on my way to putting on the muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment