Monday, March 5, 2012

Homebody

I am now coming home from a work trip, one I did not want to go on and had been dreading its arrival since I knew I would be going.  I did not want to  be away from home and away from Darren.  Our calendar has been filling up and free weekends at home together are scarce.  I kept thinking about how we are still in our first year of marriage and I was losing out on time together. I knew that the weekend would be claimed by housework and making meals but it was also some us time and even a few naps.  Then I just realized that I might be a homebody.  I prefer to be at home, our home, to sleep in the bed we share, have everything I need at my disposal and to coexist even with our separate activities.  I like being in a home that is being transformed for us, that makes me feel beyond comfortable.  

I went back to the bend recently and was asked by family if we would be staying in town for the night, only replying that this would be a day trip for us.  I have fought so hard refusing to make Indy my home and this construction mess a place to live in.  But the time came and I realized that I have a home it has become my home, as much as I have found refuge in my parents home it is no longer mine.  It can no longer protect me from growing up.  It is a place to visit, but for me, it currently is not a place for me/us to stay.  It does not hold the comfort it used to, while the great memories are still with me it is not my home.  
I prefer our bed, my pillow, our bathroom, my towels.  I rather be at home than out on the town, I find serenity in keeping up the house.  And mostly I enjoy being with Darren, I rather travel with him and share a bed with him.  There is comfort and warmth when we share a bed, it reminds me how grateful I am for the blessings that we have been given, the love and hope.  I would still like our house to be anywhere else that is 80plus degrees on a daily basis but this will more than do until then-my home is with Darren. As is our vows, "let my arms be your shelter, and my heart your home"- and it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment