Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Us

This year I declared on New Years that this would be the year of US.  A year about our marriage and working at being a better us.  Working on the many aspects that would make us what God intended for marriage to be.  I wanted to open the doors of communication even wider and make Darren my sound board even though I still have to pull information from him.  I wanted to be the best wife and know that our lives were always going to centered around God and his guidance as we seek him in our lives/marriage and growing closer together through him.

We were going to lessen my volunteer load in order for me to be at home to do other things and spend more time together even if it was about our trips.  We were going to stress less and not have to lose that extra time we could spend together.  And then as I was ending my term with my volunteer position that took most of my time we realized that a second job would help us out on our journey and with tax season done there was quite a bit of slow/beautiful time for me that it would work out well.  With added time at another job plus travel it hurt and helped all at the same time, it was even trying at times.  But we made it through the rough and exhausted days.

We did find ourselves not only joining small groups but also additional ways to volunteer at our church as we also joined separate men's and women's groups.  This, to me, has been very fulfilling and great for our marriage and for both of us to grow individually and together.  We continue to find more ways to be grateful because of the learning tools that are in front of us as well as how to overcome the tough times.

As the year winds down I realize more and more that we did it, we made the year about us.  We slowly turned corners, we made mistakes and continued to learn about each other.  We had some great adventures this year from each of our trips to our neighborhood adventures- yes we always look for the elephant ear stand in our neighborhood and the fair.  Year 2 of marriage came and is almost half way to year 3, I can only imagine what God has in front of us and what he will see us through.  It will be great to know that we had our year and we will continue look forward to making our marriage first before all else while putting God in the center.

For the biggest blessing is to come.  As we see our little one grow in my belly and all the little changes that show us just how great God is, I am certain there will be so much more.

16 weeks December 25th 2013

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to the two of you - Darren you are going to be a great dad!

    Beth Yates

    ReplyDelete