Tuesday, January 21, 2014

What a week

Last week has been an amazing time for me and us.  After thinking I had been feeling the baby moving but not too certain as I just did not know exactly what it should feel like or what to expect to feel like.  We had our ultrasound on Monday and got to see the baby kicking and moving arms around, seeing fingers and toes moving around so much.  IT is so amazing that this is happening when I have not realized it all along.  We got to see how the baby is positioned currently, only wondering if we have a runner or a bicyclist in the making.  And it happens to be that I also realized our little blessing is kicking around, feeling little hits on my right side, where the legs were last Monday, these little punches just popping around in me.  I did try to see if I could feel externally, putting my hand on the area but nothing, baby just stopped and then started but nothing for Darren to feel.  I have to remember that the  baby is still quite little, we have time where this will change and Darren will get his chance to feel and see all the babies movements.

It has been quite the experience, a lot of physical changes that I thought were going to bother me have actually been surprisingly welcomed in every way possible.  Growing and gaining weight has been going as it should, too many worries get a person nowhere, letting it all go has helped me embrace this journey.  It definitely helps to be in a great place as a person, in my marriage and career.  Baby is really showing through in my clothing and can no longer be hidden as in the first 3 months.  We are nearly half way there, tomorrow will mark 20 weeks of baby growing, and before I know it tax season will be over and we will be only 2 months away from baby arriving.  (Women are really pregnant for 10 months not nine, that is almost an entire year- that is another thing that became clear real fast. 38-40 weeks is thought of as full term pregnancy and most people deliver their first child later than the expected due date. i.e. Women are superheroes.)

An appointment next month will put us at at almost 6 months, it is going fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment