Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another day

So yes, I have realized that my thoughts have not been written as of recently.  But today, today I thought about how much I miss walking to class on a warm day like today.  With the light breeze and the sun shining brightly enough to want to be in its splendor.  To sun bathe while attempting to to get homework done, or atleast being able to shop outdoors and enjoy it.  Instead I worked indoors then had a Phi Mu Alumnae dinner.  I do highly, extremely dislike living in the city.  Its just not for me and I know that will not be changing any time soon.  Also I thought I was after a year of living here enjoying Indy but I have found that I absolutely could do without living here or anywhere else in Indiana.  In fact I would be on the East Coast, where it is warmer than here.  Indy and myself- we just have not found a happy medium together.  While there is plenty to see and events to attend I hope that someday it will be a memory while my feet are on solid ground elsewhere.  Not a great memory but a memory.  If I stay here in Indiana forever there may be some issues.  Maybe its a bit harsh but I guess growing up bites the big one, atleast for me in my 20's.  I really did think it would come full circle and life would be fantastic as far as living here goes but I could live the same life elsewhere and maybe it would be better maybe I would feel the same.  And that is my rant for this post.  Atleast my urge to move has ended and here I am, secure job and all.

But onto greatness, dinner tonight was fun.  We met at Uno's and it was good although I will pay for the pizza I ate.  In the Indy Alumnae group there are mostly older women, retired women who happen to have some great stories about life their activities.  Things they do and such, it was nice to get out and change up the tempo for a night.  Life can become such a routine, where is the spontaniety?!  I think it left me when I got here.  Somehow I will make it up, for missing on the grand adventures.  Not sure how but I always tell myself that I need to live it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment