Monday, August 2, 2010

Sunday

Last week, it was a tough one.  Especially considering that at the end of the weekend would be the day I had been dreading- My birthday.  And not because I am now a year older but because I would be spending yet another birthday in Indy without my family.  I grew up believing that birthdays are a big deal, with plenty of food and celebration.  Since moving out on my own its changed, not as easy when needing to plan who needs to be where and making sure everything is in order with a schedule put in place.  This year it was just Darren & myself.  Considering that I had been home the weekend before and our house is still under construction having guests would not be the best idea. 
So it went like this on Sunday:

Woke up at 7am then went back to bed for almost another 2 hours.  Woke up to Darren saying up its almost 9am, guess we are going to late church.  Then I asked Darren if he wanted chocolate chip pancakes, his response "you are going to cook? But its your birthday."  My comment was: "who else is going to feed us?!" Darren: " oh, yeah."
But before I could get out of bed my phone rang with the familiar tone of my parents ring.  And on the other line my parents, Edina and baby were singing happy birthday.  It started to bring me to tears, just missing out on sharing MY day with them as I had for so many years.  At the end baby let me know that I was getting old, Thanks Eze and then daddy came on and said "he's mean, Happy 21st." 
After making breakfast and enjoying it with Darren I opened my cards from him and one from his parents.  Cards that make me think, wow, I am truly blessed and loved.  I opened my gift from his parents, a new bracelet, lotion and the best-Lindor chocolate.
Cleaned up, started laundry then got ready for church.  Lunch at Olive Garden then back home for a nap & finishing up laundry.  I do run a tight ship around here, and my Sunday house routine could not be messed with.    Waking up from my nap to an empty home got me to move around and get things organized.  Darren arrived home from his run with a rose and also prepared to take a walk out on the canal downtown. 
It was a better day than I had imagined. 











No comments:

Post a Comment