Thursday, April 24, 2014

Back to life

The Darren I met reappeared on Sunday, and by this I mean the man that wears cut off t-shirts and thinks it looks good.  After a good nap this past Sunday I found myself awakened by noise outside of our bedroom window and thinking it was the bunnies finding their way out I went to check but instead found Darren painting our fence and examining his work.  This made me smile, I cannot tell you how many times I have nodded at Darren as he tried to convince me how great a cut off is and I had to repeat to him time and again to get rid of those shirts.  Only once in the past 6 years can I recall letting him know that it might be a good day for a cutoff due to weather and our day’s events, only once, and I could not tell you whether he took that as a go ahead or passed it up altogether.  The shirts have slowly disappeared as his closet became more sweat wicking for all those runs and events.
I am telling you this because it made me so happy to know that I captured that moment that made me smile and appreciate that I have come back to our reality, we made it through our second tax season, spring has arrived, and I have never been so exhausted.
After a big weekend away on my own I was so glad to be home and to have spent lunch and the evening just the two of us, even made a big grocery trip to stock us up.  We have had a lot of nights of just being in front of the television and relaxing but our nights are now longer with my shorter hours and I finally made some dinners.  Darren took care of us during tax season but this was my week to conquer slowly.  Some laundry completed Monday and a lot of laying around as I realized it was only 5:00pm and I was done for the day.  Tuesday I made head way in the kitchen and dinner before we spent some time on Junior's room (its about 85% complete with things to wash and arrange), Wednesday it was dinner and small things and tonight dinner and some walking on the treadmill.  Hopefully I can keep it up and conquer a couple rooms tomorrow as we prepare for our last piece of furniture to arrive next week as well as meal plan to the max as I prepare Darren to the best of my abilities to his pickiness before his mini marathon.
It is so wonderful to be back at things again, to know that I can take care of us even though I am carrying around a squirmy little one.  Naps will be on the agenda with my 3 day weekends as well as some small preparations.  Just trying to enjoy us and the time we have together before we become a family of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment