Monday, April 7, 2014

Here we come Spring

So excited, busy season is about to wrap up, the weather is slowly evolving to the spring we have been long awaiting.  With spring came our weekend trip to Florida for the opening Indy Car race.  We survived had a great weekend away and then came back to reality.   Only bad part about this trip was that we took 1 picture.  That would be the absolute worst of us, we usually overtake photos but this time around at 7 months pregnant the exhaustion of traveling got the best of me and I just soaked in the days instead of documenting it all as usual.  But there would have been a lot of food photos, track photos and smiling ones that could have been taken to share.  With the traveling I was lucky enough to inherit swollen feet, so lucky to feel the pain and discomfort that I did not even think about being a part of this trip but it was.  My feet were so big and even though walking was nice it was also slightly painful.  Thankfully I have a wonderful husband in Darren and my feet are rubbed every night before this retention of water occurred, and since it occurred, during this trip my ankles also got some attention as they were almost unrecognizable.  I was going to take photos but it kinda grossed me out how much my feet had changed in less then 12 hours.  I also made a bad choice in not pack walking/tennis shoes, I only wear tennis shoes to workout but this time around the extra support of those or my boat shoes would have helped.  Lesson learned.
Flying back home alone was slightly scary as I am so pregnant but it went well.  Gaining a seat in the emergency exit row helped me stretch my legs and rotate my ankles for comfort.  I got to relax after being in the office and the swelling went away in a couple days time of being back to my normal routine and additional foot elevation.  It was nice to not have the swelling continue longer with as busy as we are in the office and to get things done around the house.
My schedule has loosened up from what it originally was set at the beginning of March but it is more than welcome as I can relax more and not overwhelm myself.  But we are about to hit another streak of crazy weekends.  Once tax season ends naps will be a mandate every 3 day weekend I can get it in, as I also scheduled myself tight for the following 2 weekends before Darren runs and we will both make time for naps that Saturday.
As it seems life is busy but extremely wonderful, I could not ask for anything more, except more hours for sleep.  Soon.  About to enter week 31with Junior kicking and punching in the ribs to make sure we are aware of how things are going, very great.

No comments:

Post a Comment