Friday, May 23, 2014

Finishing up week 37

This is the most exhausted I have felt this entire time, mostly due to the lack of great sleep and being able to breathe well while I am sleeping.  We are almost to the finish line and if all goes the way we feel and think Junior will arrive a little early and I do pray it is so, just even a couple of days.  Not only because we are all so eager to meet our little one and share him or her with our family but because we are as ready as one can be and I for one am willing to give in to the next stage of tiredness and exhaustion that is not associated with carrying a live being but holding.  I will get to be exhausted at home and not everywhere else I am like the office where I should be the most productive.  My stomach is more tight than not with Braxton Hicks contractions written all over it.  I have been staring at what needs to be done this week and today I will get to do all those things that I so much have been dreading but once I get started we should be okay.  The couch always looks better but let me say I have been wanting oh so badly to lay on my belly, just collapse and lay face down, someday I guess just not the next few weeks.  Staying as hydrated as possible, making time for the little things that may be more work after baby is here.  Knocked out some one on one dates with girlfriends and now onto making more time for Darren and I.  

This weekend will be a busy one with us but its all the busy we like: food, friends and the race.  I realized the other day that it has been 6 years since we first met on Memorial Day Weekend at the race.  6 whole years, so crazy how fast time goes and how much we have done since we first met.  And just after we celebrate (or just me reminiscing) all the growth we will be celebrating a blessing of a child and growing our family.  Our transitioning from up and go people will change and that alone will  be interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment