Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Week 38

Just a couple weeks left to go and our hopes of an early arrival are beginning to dwindle for me as I see the days go by.  Less than 2 weeks until our actual due date and I am ready, car seat bases have been installed into both vehicles, hospital bags are packed, Junior’s clothes washed, freezer is organized (aka I now know what we have in stock), one package on its way and I shopped this past weekend for a date dress when we get to go out on our own.
I can now see and understand what people say when they are ready to be done with this part of the process.  Feet being swollen, exhaustion, trouble sleeping, everything feels ready but we are missing the most important person to make it come full circle.  I probably walked around 3 miles Sunday and no give on showing up.  Earlier this week I just wanted to bang my head against my desk, due to realizing that carrying a person is quite tiresome and the excitement is slowly becoming paranoia as we wait and let Junior take his/her time to meet us.  
Junior’s room is ready, everyone seems to be awaiting their call to see if we have been blessed with a girl or boy to raise and love.  I think Junior knows what is going on and is having fun playing games with me, a lot of kicking around today as if to say "I am here and I am not moving."  
I had a fresh mango yesterday in hopes that it would help as a pineapple was not available, but instead I had a delicious and sticky treat.  Yes, I am resorting to trying a couple things in hopes of coaxing Junior to join us on the outside.  Off to find some pineapple this week and keeping my walking feet in search of some signs that Junior is ready to make his/her grand appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment