Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Eve

First of all I have to make a retraction on my last post, Malissa corrected me last night via Facebook that she is a "Bones" kind of show person not so much CSI.
SO sorry my dear Love, Malissa, I have corrected myself.

So I was listening to the radio on my way to work yesterday and they were asking people around the studio if they made or plan to make New Year'r Resolutions. Most people that I heard while I was in good ole' Ruby, My truck, laughed about trying and then eventually giving it up. I am sure there are some resolutions that people can keep and follow through. Although I am unsure what would be great ones to make and follow through and actually do something similar around my birthday as I am starting a year older and this year it so far has been not what I wanted and hoped for. I am now 25, I wanted this to be a better year than 24, and I still have 8 more months to make it up. And usually have a Song as my Anthem for the year. This year has been the best as there have been more than one song. Like Trees by Marty Casey & Lovehammers.
"I don't wanna go through this life
Without you by my side
And I got it all worked out
In my head here's how it's got to be

It'll be you and me
Up in the trees
And the forest will give us the answerS
It'll be you and I
Up in the sky
It's a combination for disaster

We, we make believe
In a world we rule together
We can build our dreams
With a knot tied tight to last forever"

And it starts off slow and speeds up. Can get a person moving thats for sure. I have quite a few mix cd's thanks to Malissa and they have a little bit of everything including May Day Parade, Daughtery, The Postal Service, Better than Ezra and Dashboard Confessions to name a few.

So its almost 2pm in the afternoon and while I have somewhat of an idea of what we are thinking about doing for the evening. It seems to be pretty simple and I am not a simple kind of lady. I do have an awesome dress and am making Darren get nice cause all I ever see him is in jeans and in the summer khaki shorts but he has to wear khakis to work. I just throughly enjoy getting all dolled up. Thats usually when having Chad around is great cause he too enjoys similar things. But thats life.

I did go to the grocery this morning, the Meijer to be exact, I picked up a few things to make for dinner. I am having Alaskan salmon, Darren will have Chicken and prob some of my fish, making salad, snow peas, and sweet potato fries. Plus champagne/beer. It looks like we may also be seeing Holly, we went to high school together, and her Fiance Mark at some point this evening. Still waiting to hear back from Rachel, she and I roomed together in college at Manchester, to see if she will be joining us for dinner.

Its kind of hard to when we all spread out across the states after college or moved away from home to make a home for ourselves.
We will see how the evening unfolds as I have been way too productive with cleaning Darren's apartment.

I think though that my favorite memories are of growing up and having church late at night New Years Eve, we got to take blankets as we feel asleep through the service. And being awakened before midnight to hug and kiss our family members and then eat some delicious home cooking before heading home. And as we got older it might have changed as I might not have been able to sleep under the pews I definately saw my cousins get their turn.

What are your plans? What are some of your favorite memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment