Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1st, 2010

Well we made it through a very nice evening. We basically had a 3 course meal, or to be more accurate a meal that had all parts, salad, sides and a good drink. Although the Tele was on during dinner we both recognized that it was a great meal that we made together. This is a normal occurrence. Darren got dressed and we got ready to head out to Holly and Mark's house. They had some snacks and we got to hang out and talk. They were telling us about their wedding plans and Darren was filing them in on his experiences with traveling and I guess might have helped in giving them ideas on things they had already started researching. I got to chat it up with Holly on things and she is happy and that is great. I get excited about things, she seemed to have it all together and that is good. They know what they want and have direction making it that much easier. You have to love our "family Photo," as we were attempting to find somewhere to place the camera so that we can set it on a timer. Darren and Mark seemed to have quite a bit to talk about. We had met up as a group about 2 other times before and Holly and I meet up every other month or so to get a drink or dinner and catch up. So I am most looking forward to spending more time with them as their schedule allows. Told Mark he should join Darren for autographs sometime as he liked Darren's stories of hanging out at the hotels trying not to get kicked out. When we finally made it home almost 1:30ish there was little time before we were out. I can be a heavy sleeper and as with most trips, fell asleep in the car. But it was good sleep.

This morning I was thinking about the resolutions that each had wanted to make, they were more like goals to do things that they have thought about but not followed through. With this I began to reflect on myself. I would like to join a gym again but really would like to work on other things. I can remember a time when it was easy to be patient but at times find myself irritated when I have to repeat myself. These things I never realized are small parts that might cause the stress I can feel from time to time. So becoming more Patient is on the top of my personal need to work on list. I will keep you updated on how that goes. I might need to write that on my mirror as an everyday reminder. I also from time to time think about what I am thankful for, it can be friendship, love, spare time, naps, time with my family, letters from my brother. Anything and I want to start my days or think about one each day/week so that I can remember just how blessed I am.

The oldest of my 2 brothers, Joel, and I mail each other hand written letters. I update him on life here in Indy and send photos while he lets me know about things on his end. Its refreshing and we both anticipate each others letters. Today I wrote a letter which will be mailed tomorrow.

I also have found a new author that I enjoy, Nicholas Sparks. While traveling over Christmas I finished Dear John, I am now about 40 or so pages to then end of my second book that Darren bought me for Christmas, A Bend in the Road. I noticed that in both books the male figures said they loved the other before the female. The books are also set in North Carolina, a territory I am familiar with since I went to school there and traveled to various parts while at school and spent a month or so working on Duke's campus. I never thought I would get into the books but the mystery behind them is what gets me, not so much the romance. And come on, how many times are you going to hear about a man saying the "L" word first?!

I said it to Darren first, it actually made me drive over to his place one late night, just thinking about it and pondering that I actually had very strong feelings for this man. He opened the front door thinking something was wrong and I said it and what happened while I was home alone thinking of course, I actually packed an overnight bag to head to my parents place up North had it not turned out so well. He said he had those feeling for awhile but did not want to say it as he thought it might freak me out. And it would have as I was in much denial, I have been there once and then had my share of flings between, I wanted to make sure it was for real and not infatuation. But it will be 2 years come May. Just need to work on my whole patience aspect as I also have to think about him and his feelings. But we make it every day. With our Good nights to close each day opening a new leaf the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment