Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Countdown

I have been keeping track of quite a few upcoming events, I have found that doing this helps in looking forward to more than the big events.  Seeing each one on my calendars (yes, I keep several to track home, office and work), and my countdown app makes it easier to know that there are quite a few small items to make it past before our big ones come to be.  Things to look forward to and make the tough, exhausting days a little easier to take on. It's like the excitement of going back to the dorms to see your closest friends and sisters come together from different parts of the globe for another exciting year of memories and adventures.  The joy and treasure of welcoming a new family member into the world after seeing them grow in the belly of someone you love and care for.  Being a part of special momentous occasions of those near and dear.  It is seeing your favorite people mingle in making new friends and connections, a party surrounded in love, laughs and my favorite-noise.  Its whispering a secret that makes the reality of it so much better, its making your kid sister from enemy to best friend, eating ice cream on a hot summer day and running in the rain on a steamy night.  Finding the perfect dress for that night out.  A water gun (propeller, as I had to say when working at camps) fight that makes the hot sun that much more sweet.  
In this, I keep thinking how close we are and hope to be in our home life.  The house has definitely changed and morphed into our (possibly forever-as Darren likes to think) home by the strength of Darren's hands along with those that have helped in its process-from my wonderful father to our friends.  It's a blessing to think that God has this for all of us and while trying to live in the moment that he has given us while looking towards an adventurous future that he has still in store for us.  
I guess countdowns may never lose their magic in making memories and adventures no matter the age.  They help me remember to be thankful for I have been given so much more than I could have imagined and its getting through the everyday moments that make it so much sweeter.  One item on my countdown before our 2 year anniversary and two more after that for our fall cruise.  I am certain to make more dates to look forward to but trying to enjoy this time before its gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment