Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Year 2

It has been two years today.  Two years of wedded bliss, trials, adventures, joy and tears.  It has been exhaustion, teamwork, smiles and so many laughs that I wish I could time capsule it all and never forget the moments that lead us to the now.  So, since last year we have:

 

·         Evaluated and recognized as a family my career change and what it would mean, not always easy but we made a decision together.

·         Birthdays and Christmas shopping.  Darren’s gift to us were bicycles and initially not excited but now I look forward to putting on my buns(padded biking shorts) for a nice bike ride.

·         Family time with both our families at their homes and ours, shopping with my mom and sister while Tegan ran the show. 

·         Another cruise, only 3 days but it made me realize how much I enjoy them.

·         Our yearly ND football game and tailgating with great friends.

·         A weekend away as I went to homecoming in NC and we made our nightly phone calls to see how the other was doing.

·         Our 4th annual Pumpkin carving with the little warriors, Carter, Chase, Noah.  And finding out we would soon be welcoming a 4th that same day with Shana letting us know.

·         The change from Admin assistant to Office Manager and finding that I love what I am doing and the people who have the faith, support, encouragement in my work while being surrounded by a great work family.

·         The drives to our parents homes for the holidays, trying to read or nap only to be distracted by Darren until he decides to plug in his radio show to listen

·         New Years eve plans with friends that put us in bed early.

·         Making it through my first busy season while still eating well with Darren mostly cooking and hitting the gym.  And enjoying working even with the longer work days.

·         Helping out friends with different projects, hosting double dates, parties and savoring the time together.

·         A small party for Tegan at our home, watching her only eat the icing and apologize in her kid voice for staining the carpet.

·         The start of another race season, foot races for Darren and IndyCar races for both of us to enjoy.

·         Small groups with our church as well as my participation in the Co-ed volleyball team.

·         Getting stuck in Florida due to storms in Indy after trying to leave via plane to be back in the office after the long weekend.  The drive helped Darren have a sidekick plus I got to drive on this trip, felt like a big girl driving for the first time in Florida. 

·         Being able to catch Darren’s run times and location in his mini thanks to technology.

·         Picking up a second job and still trying to get used to the ever changing evening and weekend schedule.

·         Spending time with Mrs. D while Darren was at the track with Mr. D.  Then the trip to see Wicked in the Bend with Ash and Josh while also having Michelle along for the show and drive.

·         3 Races together this year with weekends filled with sun, lots of walking and great food.

·         Going home for a family event and spending time with loved ones I do not get to see very often as well as friends.  While Darren spent time with a friend in Iowa at a race.

·         Time with my work family outside of the office.  Lake, food, movies: it’s all very wonderful.

·         Long drives to various destinations including the North to the south of the country.

·         Darren working on our home projects while also refinishing a couple items for my personal use.

·         Trying to grow some garden veggies, no food just yet but the plants are growing.

 

I know I missed a lot of other things but this is what I recall and know I will remember years from now.  How exciting and crazed that this time has begun to fly by without us realizing it.  Looking very forward to the next year and the adventures in store for us.

2 comments: