Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fashion(ista?)


I LoVE fashion.  A LOT, would be an understatement its more like a need, must have, give it to me so I can live kind of obsession.  While I would still live and be happy without fashion it definitely makes getting dolled up so much more fun.  I like name brands but of course vintage has also become my newest favorite thing in the past couple of years.  I may not be buying Chanel, Vera Wang, Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton or other high end pieces off the runways of Paris or New York but I do make sure to buy a variety that will not be lost in time or unwearable as I continue to grow up.  Rather they might be statement pieces that make me feel bold, a punch up, a fun cut to the piece or the bright colors of another with a nice collection of basics.  It just makes me happy.  After some thinking about my weakness for clothing/fashion and my desire to continue to thin out my closet of the un-used I will be taking a vacation from purchasing items for myself and gifts (which tend to be most of my spending in thinking of Christmas and birthdays, Tegan's fault for being such a cute little niece).  Even though most of my buys are bargains sometimes one just needs a break from something they like so much. Thanks to Amy who did this awhile back and blogged about her 1 month of no personal shopping, just the basic needs.  Today is Day 1.  I have deleted all email's that pertain to shopping.  I would like to make it atleast a month, September 20th but will extend to our Cruise in October.  Shopping is an extra in life, where my extra money is going and I can do without a couple weeks or months of it.  This will also help me reach some goals in other areas which is a plus.Will power, challenge accepted.  









Can you blame me?! Pieces from my wardrobe that will be reused over and over again as I fight the battle of shopping randomly.  I love so many of my pieces that I know I have the ability to mix and match in new and different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment