Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The final days

Our due date is 5 days away and while I am in a lot of discomfort and praying for patience I keep waiting for Junior to give me the signs that say "I am ready!" but instead I constantly feel tricked.  As contractions are so sporadic and not following a pattern that would lead us to the hospital and onto the most unprepared thing that will happen, a birth.
It does not matter how much I have read or been told about the birthing process nothing will prepare us for the rush of emotions that will occur or the feelings that will overcome my body.  The only thing I can do is put my mind at ease, stay calm and breathe through it all.  Although I still hope for an early arrival and with the discomfort that comes most morning I think it will be just that day, with days passing and the feelings calming and leaving my body as I get the day going it seems that we may go into the extra week that our doctor is allowing for, a week 41 with possible induction if Junior does not start the process.
This past Friday I thought, maybe Junior knows I have some minor things to get done and is waiting for me to accomplish those and get them out of the way.  Well I did just that, got up and cleaned up followed by some leftover shopping.  I even grocery shopped on Sunday, loading up snacks to have on hand so we would not have to worry about those for awhile and have it on hand for Darren.  But just the discomfort has followed me this week, thankful for a flexible office.  I came home early to walk and get into a different rhythm that would allow me get more relaxed out of my amazing chair at the office.
The countdown has been on, now its up to Junior to kick start my body and join us on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment