Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sometimes you get surprised


We did not know the day would come, like most people but it did and it was something I could never explain but it is our story.  As close as we were to our due date and as exhausted as I had become from all the weight, swollen feet and other pregnancy symptoms Junior and God had another plan.  After coming home early from the office one day last week so I could walk, a doctors appointment the next day and lots of exhaustion and anticipation we realized Thursday night it was time to go to the hospital. I will spare the details, I would like to keep those as a memory to share with our Junior.  After a tough start to labor we finally got to meet our little one on Friday June 6th at 4:19pm.  Conor Avery joined our family a couple days early at a whooping 8 lbs 13 ounces and 21.5 in long.  I definitely could not believe he was here, he was ours and we have been blessed beyond words with a child that I never imagined.

Darren already shines for me, as my husband, forever love and friend.  He made everything easier, being positive, but also looking at all the possibilities to keep us pulled together.  Each day he works to give us the best at home and care for us like only he could, there will be times, I know we will be a handful (I know I definitely have been at times) but he will never fail us.  And now we get to share in parenthood, as we had slowly prepared long before Conor came had been borrowed to us by God, to raise and love.

We came home Sunday night to find our porch decorated for our arrival.  
What a great surprise.




Conor looks like mommy but he definitely has Darren's bone structure.  Looking forward to see how much more he changes and both of us shine through in him.


First Family Photo


This little guy has made it all worth it. 



More photos and stories to come as we spend the summer home together, the blessing of my bosses and Anna to make it all possible, as we transition and grow.

2 comments:

  1. Awh Mrs Bertha truly bring tears to mom and pa Critchlow

    Best of wishes and love being sent to you and Darren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Hopefully you get to meet him soon.

    ReplyDelete