Sunday, June 15, 2014

What a whirlwind

We are all home and as we have been adjusting I lost track of the days as they are all blurring together but none the less they are making me realize just how amazing this whole process has been for us.  We have come together even stronger in our marriage and relationship with each other in order to not only meet the needs of Conor but also shows how much we were looking forward to our journey in parenthood.  Many nights are double duty, Darren is enjoying his dirty diaper times and learning so much more as we continually tend to Conor and his 3 priorities, sleep, poop and eat.

As Darren celebrated his first Father's Day today I was reminded of how great of an adventure lies in front of us.  He is such a great example of a man and the priorities that lead him and our family to continually be blessed.  I could not have asked for a better or bigger gift than the gift of sharing in being his wife and raising Conor to be a man of God.  While it is hard to imagine him any bigger than he is today or how he will react to the many things we do or he is asked to, I know that we can do it together as this past week has shown me.




Darren likes to sit on the porch on nice nights or after his runs to cool down.  I imagine that Conor too will be right at his side and many great teaching moments and bonding will occur in front of our home.

I love this, Darren does not miss a beat to help and talk to Conor.  They both amaze me.


While I do not get it all our friend Chris and Darren are sure to teach Conor all about the MAC and how BSU can do better.

Photo credit to my amazing friend Amy, just warms my heart.


Today Darren took the reigns and led us to the park for a family stroll.

Although my dad, Apa/Poppi, wanted to push Conor.  I have a great daddy and now he gets to continue his role as a grandfather to 2 little ones although my niece may not be completely on board.

Two of many men that will positively impact Conor as he grows up.  His Grandpa D will have a great influence as well.  As we chose/choose our friends wisely we will also find other men who will guide, listen and befriend our little one.  And many more women who will nurture and smother him at times.




No comments:

Post a Comment