Monday, July 5, 2010

Sparklers

This weekend we had my parents and siblings in town.  Dad has been helping Darren with our home projects.  Changing the backdoor, getting the half bath closer to completion, and preparing the kitchen for tiling.  A lot of projects. 
We went on a hunt to find a simple pool to stay cool in this heat, not so much luck in that department.  Made a nice Lunch/dinner.  Went on a walk, Eze & I raced on certain parts of the route, trying to stay ahead of mom and Edina.

But last night we relaxed, watched the downtown fireworks from the porch and watch the kids light their sparklers.



All showered and ready for bed.


I think from time to time about where my life is, where I am.  I never thought this would be it, living in a house full of much needed upgrades, with a man-that I LOVe, keeping up with 2 people's schedules and making sure everything is cleaned.  I am still working on being the grocery shopper for the two of us.  Darren is quite the picky eater but there can be too many turkey sandwiches and chicken tacos.  But it is a great life.
Also... 10 more days until Toronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment