Monday, December 27, 2010

Things that have happened

Some things that have happened since my last post:

*  I found a photographer and will meet with her in January sometime to see her portfolio and get details
*  Another semester of class has been completed
*  I got to see Wicked and it was great, an awesome gift- to myself
*  Took baths for a week straight due to our full bathroom being torn down for the tiling and such
*  Stayed up way too late baking and getting things ready to see our families and then sleeping in and being late to work (mind that this was a 6:30am start for the office and not the regular 8:30)
*  Got to take a shower, my first in a week
*  Managed to forget items at home when we headed to the Bend
*  Time with my family: my niece Tegan was slightly more excited about the tissue paper than her gifts BUT grandma knocked it out of the ballpark with a Build-A-Bear, her face lit up so fast it was great
*  Found out that Tegan can blow kisses, she is 10 months and this amazed me, she also made a fish face, got angry about being dressed, enjoyed the cookies that grandpa bribed her with
*  We played Wii once again and I was almost the tennis champion and only had to defeat Darren, thanks to Eze and his distractions I lost
*  I got little time with my extended family as they came much later than anticipated but It was great and mostly relaxing
*  We made it safely to the W and got a decent nights rest before Christmas Day
*  I got to take my second shower
*  Relaxed, helped Mrs. D with her iphone, then everyone arrived for lunch
*  I got to see Toy Story 3 for a second and third time, I fell asleep towards the end but Carter came to wake me up and it was funny to see his excitement about how I missed the claw (there are games on the link)
*  We saw the boys tear through their gifts, Chase gave us quite a few full sentences
*  And then we came back home, this time I stayed awake- we opened our gifts and Darren prepared his autograph items for the next morning
*  I have since mostly laid around the house, cleaned what I could with all the various construction items around the house its not as easy as I like or even as clean as it should be
* Its cold out and I do not want to face it, we did go see The Tourist last night- it was good

Here are a few photos from this Christmas

 Tegan likes the camera, wanting to see the image after it was taken and then she would kiss the screen of her photo.  She also climbed on Luz(mom) for the cookies she had, and she got angry when she pulled them further away.  But of course my sister gave in.

The girls

 Dad, grandpa and Eze.  Tegan giving her bear kisses.

 Edina took care of Tegan while mom and Luz went shopping, she made her a bottle and I wrapped her up on my lap, she was out before we knew it.  But woke up in a good mood.  On the Right she is blowing kisses- I have a short video but I will have to see if its possible to change the image upright.

 Darren was tapping his foot and Tegan came and nearly sat on it and she would hold his foot, then move it and then grab his foot again.  Tegan also enjoyed her sippy cup that we got her.




 It was fun to see the boys ready to open each gift, they would get one open and the next would come.
 At the end of a busy day the boys came down to see the movie and they were relaxing.

Some things to look forward to:

Having co-workers over for an end of the year gathering later this week, just hope Darren can get things done as he planned on
Seeing Jess for the first time in 2 months, she is engaged and this will be interesting as she is in our wedding
We start pre-marriage counseling in January: I am interested to see how this will help us
Meeting the photographer
Figuring out my vacation days for 2011-Darren has planned on a few weekend getaways that will mess with everything else on my schedule
Possibly joining a group at the church for engaged and young married couples
Planning this wedding: we need suits and tents taken care of soon: can we still go to Vegas?!
Setting atleast a once a month get together with Darren's sister and her family
To see me slowly lose it with too much stress


No comments:

Post a Comment