Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Some things that have happened this year:

*  Surviving my second after Brew fest activities with Chad and a wonderful group of men- getting relationship advice from men, and losing my bracelet made by Malissa
*  the birth of my niece Tegan
*  Gaining an actual title at work- Office Coordinator 
*  getting rained out at the St Pete race which made for 2 days at the track and wearing jeans
*  experiencing Universal Studios for the first time
*  Inheriting ducks as kids while at the apartment that showed up for dinner most days thanks to Darren
*  sharing an apartment
*  moving into Darren's house
*  putting 2 apartments into a house- it's still a work in progress
*  taking my family to the track for a tour
*  my third Indy 500, second with Darren
*  2 visits from Malissa; my visit to see her in Ohio
*  spending Easter for the second year with Darren's family
*  visiting the local pool, once
*  not realizing we were nearly in Canada until crossing the border
*  being proposed to in a hotel room
*  realizing the hotel pool was disgusting
*  having to wait 2 days before sharing it with family and friends when we crossed back into the US
*  asking a pit crew member for a team shirt
*  surviving slumber parties @ Chad's
*  a full grounds tour at the track and sharing it with Darren, his parents and grandpa
*  Celebrating the engagement with Chad and his excitement about being at my side
*  visiting Mansfield reformatory with Malissa, my first prison shoot
*  Celebrating my 26th Birthday with just Darren- realizing how much I like to have my family around for those
*  Our trip to California: my first visit to San Fran, seeing Dana and Josh, Yosemite and not thinking I was going to live to see another day, staying in a hotel that had NO hair shampoo so I washed with body soap, Korbel tour, and the Race where we shared a bottle of Korbel
*  A great engagement photo session with my cousin and his family
*  Having a mini break down in the dentist office as they are prepping me for a filling
*  Darren's parents meeting my mom- and being a nervous wreck
*  Going wedding dress shopping and thinking I was going to have an anxiety attack
*  Attempting to plan a wedding- In which Mrs. D has been so great with suggestions and listening
*  Some friendships dissolving and wanting to work on others
*  Finding THE dress with Jess and no stress
*  Getting Save the Date photos out to our family and close friends
*  Asking to elope in Vegas for the millionth time-  Darren  has not caved in
*  Seeing ND football with Darren's friends
*  Playing the Wii in our own family competitions
*  Realizing my niece is growing up so fast
*  Having my relationships evolve with my sister and friends
*  Beginning orthodontic treatment- its been hard in regards to food do's and dont's but in 12 weeks seeing such a difference
*  Having phone dates with one of my first College roommates on a weekly basis, but then came the holidays
*  A few trips to see Shana and the family- with Halloween pumpkin carving being a big hit again
*  Realizing that I have changed and how I want to be a better person, less OCD, and that I have grown up
*  Making so many desserts for my Mom's 50th Birthday/Thanksgiving
*  Being sneaky about Darren's Christmas gifts
*  Finishing another semester of classes
*  Being able to go to Phi Mu Alumnae events
*  Seeing Wicked for the first time and loving it
*  Realizing we did not mail out Christmas cards and not worrying about it- life's crazy
*  Taking a bath in our home for about 5 days straight, then showers while away for Christmas then a couple more
*  Getting a whole different hair style
*  Hosting our first Dinner party for my co-workers and their significant others
*  Living in a construction zone since May- but its getting there

I am sure I missed other things but these are some of the few things that stick out in my head and that were captured.   It has been a year of ups and downs and laughs and break downs on my part but realizing how blessed and Loved I am and that life is a work in progress. 

I have quite a few goals and things I am looking forward to in the year to come- more on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment