Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wonderfullness

This week has been a project filled week in our home. My dad came into town Sunday afternoon and stayed until the plumber left on Friday afternoon. In the time he was with us 2 of our bedrooms have bi-fold closet doors, the door for the hallway closet and basement have been replaced, about half of the tiling for the full bathroom has been laid and some insulation on the outside wall. It's been a lot that both my dad & Darren have been working on this week. Last night Darren was on his own so I heard a little bit of frustration as he tried to level the tub and trimmed cement board for the 3 walls surrounding the tub.

It was really great to have my dad here with us, he did what he could by himself while we were at work and then the progress would continue with Darren's arrival from school. I made dinner a couple nights when I got in and we sat down to talk and eat.

Darren has a little bit of work in front of him to finish up the bathroom and make it useable. We already have our color picked out for the bathroom, and tile for around the bathtub. But I know it's a lot of hours to get things set and dry before we can use the room. Although I may have to take a bath, if he will let me, I still have to stay clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment