Thursday, April 14, 2011

President

As of recently I was elected to president of my local alumni chapter. A huge honor & responsibility.  Something I have had my eye on since I joined a couple years ago.  I want to be busy, give my all, make a difference and gain great relationships.  And of course I like to plan events and putting my talents to great use.

It is still new feeling, "wow I get to do this", I am being entrusted by these accomplished women to grow and reach common goals.  

I think the part I am most looking forward to is having a great reason to fill up my time, organizing/planning events, conferences and national convention next year.  This opportunity will open doors and allow me to create relationships as an adult and a foundation as a leader outside of college.  Being a leader is very important to me, being able to take on new tasks excites me and makes me nervous but thrilled when all my goals are met, everyone is happy and have enjoyed themselves.  

I have found great support from the alumnae.  And soon the planning process for fall events will begin.

1 comment: