Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I am...

I am..
Mrs. D
This hits me every once in awhile. Mostly because one person or another has said "hello Mrs. D," thinking its so great and cute, or something like "this is Bea D, she is married to Darren.". To me this is one of the bigger blows because I only introduce myself by my first name, I still write my given last name on all paperwork, all my bills have my given name. It's such a big leap to think everyone just assumes and sometimes I have a desire to correct that it has not changed just yet as it's a process. Plus my license does not expire for another year.
For me, having my identity taken is the hardest thing ever, my name makes me who I am, have become, what I believe in and stand for. It is much harder than giving in to the married life. Slowly my identity, who I see myself as and what makes me who I am is beginning to change in ways that I never wanted or expected. I know it is all not bad but I am Bea X B.

No comments:

Post a Comment