Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Amour

Another love of mine...
Shopping, and in the past couple of years shopping vintage has been something I can look forward to.  It all started with finding the right shop in Florida.  
I have come to believe that my mom instilled my love to shop and even more to find a great deal.  For as long as I can remember I have shopped with my mom and it was our thing, as time has passed my siblings started to join us.  We still try to get together for my birthday to shop at my favorite places as my gift from mom.   As an adult I think about how great I had it  and still do.  I like name brands but mostly I look for unique pieces that will not go out of style and for quality- a piece that is made right and with great material will last longer with care and be worth the extra money, atleast that's how I think of it when shopping.  My closet used to be filled with items we purchased from when I was in college, a bright pink trench is a favorite of mine that I still have and do NOT loan out, a few skirts, and some altered dresses.  I would have more but finally gave in earlier this year to clean it up and start letting go of things that do not fit.  As my body changed a bit I, mostly, have come to accept that no matter the value of the item it does not fit/have outgrown the brand or style as a woman and professional its time to let go but it means more room for new items.  I gave some of it back to my mom to give/sell to family members since my sisters and I are all different sizes, had my kid sis Luz go thru some it while pieces that did not have a place to go were donated.  
I look forward to getting ready, especially since the closet has more pieces that fit correctly and less chances of discouragement while figuring out what to wear.  I should have been a model so I could wear great designers and just be a part of the fashion parade.  Until then I will strut my stuff everywhere I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment