Friday, September 14, 2012

Food

I tend to have an affair,

With food.
I love food! Something quick, usually with some spice, comfort foods from my childhood and more and more new things I did not think I would like but found out by trying them. I am always trying to figure out new recipes as Darren is the picky eater. I have found that he actually likes some of the foods I grew up on and some he just does not even try.
Here are some delicious meals we have enjoyed.



Crockpot chicken with potatoes, homemade cheddar biscuts and homemade chocolate and mint cookies, I thought a wine was a necessary add on.

For my niece Tegan I made the cake and elmo cupcakes, not too bad for my first try at decorating.  Box cake but homemade frosting from scratch thanks to Mrs. D, getting the color was easier than I thought with help from a nearby sweet shop.

An off brand ice wine showed to be just as delicious as the expensive stuff we buy.

The remnants of our anniversary foodm I like my meat well done, some did not make the cut.

My birthday breakfast, a Zone protein bar and a free apple infuison chai from Starbucks.

My giant birthday cupcake Darren bought me, hit the spot.

A comfort food from my childhood, chorizo with eggs, queso fresco (translates to fresh cheese but its obviously prepackaged), and a multi vitamin.

With teamwork we made chorizo and eggs- its becoming a favorite for Darren, quesadillas and queso fresco.  This time I added not only water but a Rosé wine.
I found an easy to follow homemade pizza dough recipe and made pizza with our favorite toppings. I liked being able to do the whole process and it was kind of relaxing for me.
 
I like to cook, eat, try new things and of course feed my husband.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment