Tuesday, September 17, 2013

And I caved

Sorry for being late but as always it has been a little crazy around here for us.  I finally caved but in that moment of caving, (which took over 6 hours before I did) for an amazing deal I knew that I had to continue my self challenge into next month with the exception of getting back on track with Christmas gifts, and vacation shopping.  Here is what last week's fashion parade looked like:

Day 22
Fun blouse and the texture makes it even better, it is waffle like squares that are part of the material.

I bought the pants off the clearance rack last fall and they fit differently now but still nice to wear on these cooler days.  I also love the deep burgundy color that is mixed with black.  My KC color block shoes should probably be retired but they are a great statement piece when it comes to certain outfits.


Day 23
I bought this at a vintage shop although it is most likely from the last five years, maybe, I need to research the designer.  Easy shift dress with neck embellishment but I like to add a belt so I do not feel lost in the dress as it gives me a waistline.


I paired up the navy blue bow kitten heels as the pattern has blue throughout the dress.

Day 24 
 This is one amazing outfit, easy tee under my fleece lined military style sweater.  The skirt is ruffle layers, super chic and girly.

Different ways to wear the sweater, dress up or dress down kind of accessory.




Day 25
I wore a patchwork skirt during the day and forgot to take a photo, it is not the bubble skirt, with it being a straight skirt that hits right above my knees and the patchwork pattern differs slightly but enough to notice a difference.
In the evening we had an event to go to, with it being indoors I wanted to stay warm.  So I paired my tee that I wore throughout the day with jeans and a blazer.


Check out the detail, again another great texture.

Day 26
I worked out and had to work my second job, decided it was time to pull out one of my favorite tee's.  It reminds me of childhood, I can recall my cousins wearing shirts just like this one.


Day 27
Cold morning to start our day with an early breakfast and volunteering at our church so I decided it was time to break out the Toronto Grand Prix hoodie Darren bought me.  Pairing it up with a recent favorite, plaid snap up and cozy broken in jeans.



Day 28
Always thinking about how cold it might be at church I put on a 3/4 sleeve cowl neck kangaroo pocket comfy shirt and my striped cotton zip up plus dark faded out jeans.
 
On Wednesday of last week I finally caved, for swimsuit bottoms.  It did take me over 5 hours before I actually went ahead and purchased the bottoms I found online, on clearance and being able to take an additional 50% off for that day only made the deal so hard to pass up in thinking about our upcoming vacation.  I have been in need of upgrading my bottoms as some are too small and needed replaced plus I already have tops that I can mix and match with them.  After putting things in my online basket and letting them sit I still removed some tops I liked to bring it down to 8 bottoms.  (I honestly thought they would run out and then I would be out of luck altogether, this has happened before and I thought it would again.)  After the different prices on each one and shipping, some as low as 2 dollars from this popular women's brand, I paid about 5 dollars each.  Then on Saturday I saw some gift cards were on sale plus I could use my discounts that added up to 15% off which meant I would save almost $15.00 and make for great gifts to stash for future use. I went ahead on that as this deal rarely comes up to not go ahead before I lost the opportunity to save.  Not bad, sure I caved, but it only makes me want to hold my challenge into October.  Of course I have some major catching up to do with Christmas around the corner but easy does it.  I also know that I have accomplished a lot and do not feel the high desire to shop for my favorite brands even when there has been a great sale.

My awesome bottoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment