Friday, June 4, 2010

Down to one

So I know its been awhile but believe me the thoughts have not ceased in any way.  What has now occurred is the complete transition of moving out of the apartment and into Darren's house.  We cleaned up the garage and apartment this past Monday as he had to turn in his keys and garage opener and the mess has made a home in the garage at the house.  And we just got internet on Wednesday night, ah how I love wireless.

Things are starting to come along nicely in the house, walls are painter, some floors are done and since Darren is out of school for the summer he spent this week on the lawn and small projects around the house.  I am also super happy that, thanks to my dad, we now have a working stove.  The new appliances came in last Thursday and the fridge has been up and running, so while my family was in town dad helped Darren get it connected showed him how to check for gas leaks and also inspected the rest of the house.  Dad got pretty excited about all the work that he could do, my dad is pretty handy when it comes to household tasks and cars.  Things are starting to shape up.  The big projects include the bathrooms, kitchen and eventually the basement.  Smaller projects such as putting in baseboards, spot painting, changing doors and others should soon be done.  My dad got so excited about the back door that we need to change, I am sure he told me about 5 times that I should have let him know because he needs some type of saw that he has at home to cut through the frame in order to get through the nails.  In fact he is most likely coming down tonight to get working on those things tomorrow.  Dad will also come in very useful when it comes to putting up sheetrock in the basement and grouting the tile we picked out for the kitchen and bathrooms but he is not excited about grouting.  Darren too is happy that dad is excited as it means more things will get done between the two of them and he should be saving quite a bit of money on labor.  I will take progress photos once some artwork goes up on the walls. 

This weekend Darren and I have been together for 2 whole years now, which seems crazy considering most days it feels like more-which is a good thing.  About 3 days before I let Darren know that we should not make a big deal out of it, I have been in a relationship where the milestones were celebrated but I am not that same person.  I wanted him to not worry and do whatever he wanted, last year he got me a great pair of dangling earrings and matching bracelet.  This year I had been planning his gift since before his birthday but saved it for an anniversary gift since it would could not be stored safely before we got to the house.  I surprised him with a cornhole set, his friend makes them and he painted on the Ball State University letters and the cardinal head you see all over Indiana on those not so smart public school kids.  j/k.  Ps IF I ever reproduce that child will NOT own anything Ball State and if it does it will never be worn.  Needless to say Darren loved the gift and it was not expected at all, he has been saying since last football season that he was going to have one made and usually he gets what he needs/wants right away, one of the few times I beat him to the punch.

The race went well, Darren bought me a seat to sit next to him instead of the infield and it was a nice view.  I have become quite comfortable in seats thanks to all the races we have been to, this seats do not beat some of the road course seats we have, but they are to be upgraded for next year. 

Some photos of the weekend while my family was in town, somehow baby Eze was not around for any pictures.
My mom in the center, Luz on the Left and baby Edina on the right.  Tegan laughing.  We went to the track to show my family around, it was hot so and Tegan was hungry so while we walked I covered her up with a small blanket and fed her, she was still eatingw while we took our tour on the bus around the track to hear some of the history.  Then of course dad with Tegan, he can get kind of excited about her.
Check out those eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment