Saturday, June 26, 2010

still alive

Another week has passed and although I have thought plenty of times through the week that I need to blog I somehow was distracte by my book, house stuff or just exhausted in general.  I have updated my layout, although I am still not very savvy at it just yet but change is good. 

In the last week I have accomplished grocery shopping by list and shopping at different stores for their prices-we will find out soon enough if I am in fact saving any money.  Shopping for 2 people is quite hard considering that Darren is very much the picky eater.  But also shopping in which nothing gets wasted.  I have found that Darren only eats the bananas, while I have been trying to eat the plums, peaches and apples on my own without them going bad.  And its kinda working, although I did have to throw out about 3 different pieces of fruit.  Still working on organizing the house, getting things in order then of course having to move them to fix up areas is going to be the worst part.  When Darren gets to the kitchen in the next couple of weeks, moving everything out while trying to tile then let that sit before we can move the new cabinets in is going to be hard.  I can see the boxes in the living room already.  It will be interesting though. 

I am Still working on gathering my sepia images that will be framed and hung in the office.  It was originally going to be black and white but with the colors coming in decor wise, sepia will fit much better.  So I have some moments to capture.  I have found that I am afraid to hang things on the wall, I have the art work and just making it all work together is becoming quite hard and now that the walls are so nicely painted I do not want to put holes in the walls.  Hopefully I can make the 3m command work for me and make minimal holes for the heavier items. 

We have used the kitchen table several times now, eating a few times, making lists, looking over paint colors for the bathrooms.  We have ideas for it but just have to get some samples and soon enough the half bath will be painted and ready to be used.  Then onto the full bath and kitchen.  Hopefully dad will come back up and get to work on some more things with Darren. 

Got to get going, still have some cleaning and moving of furniture from Greenwood to the house.  Busy days, they are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment