Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Upgrade

So sometimes we need to "upgrade" ourselves, and I am not talking about plastic surgery or botox but also am not opposed.  I am talking about ourselves in the sense of our inner selves, to work on the inside so that the outside reflects your inner workings.  Darren and I had a great conversation tonight, working on our relationship and different ways to become better people for each other in our relationship.  I had to call an intervention/damge control, as I want to make sure that I am doing my best in our relationship and finding ways to make sure that we stay in a happy and healthy relationship.  Being the thinker that I am I often overthink, over-anylyze and make nothing into something.  My relationship with Darren has found me in a negative state at times and for reasons that make no sense in the end.  I had a plan, life plans change, we change, and sometimes we stay the same when life around us is changing.  I can be stuck on my plans for myself when there are now two of us, two people that need to be one team to move forward and make it through the real, tough things in life. 
We each wrote down what we wanted for ourselves, positive things that will not only help ourselves but also our relationship.  Things to work towards.  Actions whether they are objects, words or actions, to help us help each other and small workings of gratitude.  I hope that makes sense, cause it does to me. 
The one thing we do well is communicate, even if it takes us a moment and we need to breathe away from one another.  So I will be working on myself and becoming a better partner, being on the same team as Darren- For now we will call it the B-D team, although I cannot stand hyphens.  But its the two of us.  Sometimes it takes another person to call you out on your bad aspects but it can be to only make you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment