Saturday, January 22, 2011

I survived

This past Sunday I went to my first bridal show. One of my co-workers came with me and it was a good way to see what options are possible for the wedding. It was a slow start with some goals set it made it that much easier. We ate way too much cake, had some wine, and explored different options. Of course my main goal was to find a vendor for tent, tables & chairs. But none existed. It had plenty of options for photographers, catering, cake and flowers but not what I was on the hunt for. It was a good experience but some booths they kinda were after you, mostly people who were for venues, and it felt great to say yes and keep walking. I survived even after about 4 slices of cake.
This week we also had our first Pre-marriage counseling session and it went really well. A way to listen, talk on and reflect about the bigger picture. Making this relationship last and giving to each other. So even after all the nervousness I survived that this week as well.
Although I am still trying to make it through this illness, I woke up fine Monday morning went to work and then was breathing and it did not feel alright. Of course as the week goes on it gets worse. Feeling exhausted, painful coughing, slightly runny nose and a sore throat. I figured it was nothing and would come and go before the end of the week- but it did not. Finally I gave in and stayed home from work on Friday and went to the minute clinic. Needless to say I had contracted acute bronchitis, got some mess came home and slept off and on all day. Tomorrow will be day 3 of my antibiotic and I will venture out, not for long but enough to get me going. Plus being cooped up for 2 days is too much. Darren has been such a great sport, he spoke with a pharmacist earlier this week and got some OTC medicine, found salmon and a baked potato for my dinner last night and has checked in on me as much as another person can. I have been wanting my mommy all week but Darren has been very great at taking care of me when I am not 100 percent. Thanks also to Shana and Mrs. D for checking in, it has been a downward spiral of a week. Now I have to get better for when Malissa comes into town, 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment