Monday, January 24, 2011

Yes or no??

So a few weeks ago a girlfriend asked if I was having a bridal shower and although we had already talked about this I again said no and explained my reasoning.  It can become a stressful situation leading up to the day and until things get going.  My reasons for not having a shower and that somehow my mom was okay with are: stress, planning, organizing, location-considering that I would have to go to the Bend for this event.  No one in my family has asked, I do not know if they are expecting one or if they have not thought about it since life has been crazy and we have just recovered from Christmas.  And if the wrangle one up I blame it on my mom.
Nikki made me think about it, more than I had initially.  So I touched base with Malissa and let her know that it is on my mind now, yes it would be great to just have some girlfriends and get together- a social event.  (Although I am sure Chad would be up to the challenge I would not do that to him)  It would be good to have a small group of friends in one place and enjoy some time together.  (I only got up to 2 people on the guest list, mostly because I have been distracted but could come up with maybe 10) But I am not set either way.
Mind you the house would be the place and that means stress for me because I have to make sure it is presentable before hand.  I since this conversation have been attempting to weigh the pros and cons.  Darren is all about this, he is ready to receive.  Another thing is figuring out a date, Malissa can only be in town so many times, including this weekend.  Its a 5 hour drive and really when she is here I do not want to share her or make it about planning the whole time around this event.  The next time she will be in town will be for the race which is an already busy weekend for us.  Then the wedding.
Another thing is that Darren and I have opted to not sign up for a registry.  We are still in the process of putting his home/apartment and mine into the house.  We have a few needs but not like most engaged couples. 
I am torn because it would definitely be a great time with some friends and then not so much because of not needing to figure out the minor things to make it all come together.
Any ideas? Suggestions? Experiences to move me either way?  Malissa has to have the final answer by this weekend when she is here.  PS 3 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment