Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 3

I think I married my best friend. I always thought it was cheesy when people would say they married their best friend and their spouse is the only person they share everything with about their lives. But I tell Darren everything, I can cry and holler and only he can console or laugh at me the way I need it. I can always count on him to tell me like it is, to make me a better person, to give advice even if it's about clothing and not the easiest thing. He makes me giddy, upset and makes me realize how I want to grow with him. I want for our relationship to evolve and become more amazing, a roller coaster that is always full of love.

Something that touched my heart so strongly on our wedding day was a surprise from Darren. I had a special delivery from Kitty, a friend of ours, an envelope. Inside the envelope was a card from a store. I read the card and then Darren's handwritten note, and as I was being zipped in my church wedding dress by Mrs. D, it hit me, this a grand surprise by my love, a heartfelt note of hope- this brought me to tears. And almost brought Mrs. D to tears as I sobbed and almost could not catch my breath. My photographer and kid sister were the only ones to witness this moment that probably made no sense, I read the card to myself, and then I had to fix my face from the makeup I washed away from my tears.
I also wrote a letter to Darren on our wedding day, very early as I could not sleep, a note of hopes, wishes, and the love I feel for him. I hope to share these with our child one day, and someday they too will find a love like we did, unexplainable and grand given by our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment