Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 8

It's been over a week, most of it feels like we are still dating, moving right along in our lives. Now I see how people who never lived together before being married can experience such great changes. All of a sudden they are having their space taken over by another person, learning their habits-and they may not like all of them. I may not have survived this transition. I am so particular about how things are cleaned and where they are placed that having to deal with changes would have led to a lot of stress.
Darren and I have our groove, we have our separate responsibilities that make us a productive couple. Sunday is filled with laundry, Darren takes down the laundry, I separate, wash, dry, fold. Darren takes it back up for me and we each put away our own clothes.
Dinner is decided on a night before, we are beginning to grocery shop together when possible, I clip the coupons and put away a bulk of it. I clean house Saturday mornings, Darren waters and maintains the lawn, takes out trash. Thursday night is date night, depending on how we feel it may be a night out or a night in eating at the kitchen table. I like that we have our way of doing things already, enjoying our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment