Sunday, February 7, 2010

the countdown begins

So, this countdown is for my niece, she is supposed to arrive by the 11th of this week.  And it would be grand.  I am quite excited and most of it may be with the"hype" of a first, biological, niece and the first grandchild in our family.  She could bring/add some much needed baby love as we have yet to experience it as a family but always from the extensions of our families.  If that made any sense.  Tegan is sure to be a hit with all of us.  Edina, the baby girl of our family, has made a dress, bloomers and hat for Tegan, she is pretty good with the sewing machine.  While Eze seems to be unphased by the baby or being an unlce from what I can tell when speaking on the phone with him, he is too busy with playing Wii games and anything else that is not "boring" to him. 
Today I actually, finally, purchased a baby bath for Tegan that Luz wanted from her registry and did not receive at her baby shower.  She seems pretty excited about it and I am sure she will get plenty of use from it.  I also made her a few trinkets for Teegan's room, although I am unsure on how they are displayed I am sure it looks great.  I am looking forward to seeing my sister grow into her mother role and already can imagine Tegan growing up.  And hopefully I will have her at our house for sleepovers every once in awhile cause it would be fun and 3 hours apart is quite a bit, just do not want to see her grow up between visits but be a part of the experience. 
My parents know me better, kids are not in my near future.  One, I am missing the whole married part and am in no rush for that either.  And I am glad that they have no desire to push me on those subjects.  Atleast with my little cousins, Darren's nephews and Tegan we can play and have fun then go home to some quiet relaxation.  I will admit that I do enjoy spending large amounts of time with my siblings, but they are a little easier to get ready and go but not as easy to keep entertained and they can talk back, mostly Eze as he can think he is king of the house, not my house.   I like going to the zoo, ballparks, beach and so forth but the amazment that a child sees and enjoys from those trips is what makes it worth the effort. 
As Malissa and I say and know, we are not kid people, although she is maybe an extreme or 2 higher than I. She too will be in aunt later this year but her brother lives in another state so that would make it easier for her.  I will be looking forward to seeing her interact with a baby. 
Also, a biG THank You to our friends and family, we have only 1 wedding this summer, late August to be exact.  And its in Texas, so if I have the opportunity to fly out there I will be on my own but it depends on funds and if its not the same weekend we are supposed to be in California.  Either way, its going to be a less busy summer than the last. 
PS 47 days for flight check-in, Florida I am so ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment