Thursday, February 4, 2010

A winding week

Its been a wild week, slow but busy and I have of course have become ill with a sinus infection.  I have been studying for my first big test and tonight was productive and even more so if you include the constant nose wiping.  And even though I am using Kleenex with lotion my nose has become raw and painful.  I guess I just do not get it, I have never had so many minor health issues than I have this past Fall into winter.  I believe this is the 3rd or 4th time I have had issues and of course do not have the means of seeing a Dr.  It is what it is and I hope I do not have to worry so much about the runny, tickle in the back of the throat and congestion problems during my test on Saturday. 
We (Darren & I) are hopefully going to be seeing his nephews this Saturday.  I am looking forward to it, as the boys bring some great entertainment and are fun to be child like and play around.  The older one is a Wii kind of laying across his mom on the recliner backwards and still hits a great shot in golf, with the wave of his arm.
I spoke to my mother yesterday during lunch, we talked about the usual.  One main subject was my sister Luz, she is getting quite close to her due date and well, I am pretty excited to see her become a full fledged mother and meet Miss Tegan.  My sister has "dropped," and about a week to go.  Although I may not be able to be at the birth, which I am not too sure I can handle it I will be there as soon I can and am glad and blessed that everything thus far has gone great and they are both healthy.
I enjoy the small things, the small talk and yesterday Darren surprised me but then again I think its just him at his finest.  We opted to grab something quick for dinner as I ended up at work slightly longer than was expected.  We decided on Pam's Pit Stop Pizza, its close to home and just as close to the track.  I drove he ordered and then we headed over to fill up Ruby and he offered to pump then we came home and had dinner.  And he made me tea 2 nights in a row now.  Its just the small things. 
There is supposed to be quite a bit of snow coming down between tonight through tomorrow then the evening.  Ps I am not a fan of snow, sure its pretty when its coming down but if its snowing that means its pretty cold out and I am not friends with cold weather or being cold.  Yes, I usually walk around the apartment with sweats and a blanket wrapped around me.  I wear socks to sleep in because I cannot stand the feeling of my cold feet touching another part of me.  I wear the same wool sweater over my thin sweater over my dress shirt to work because its also usually cold there.  Just tell it to go away, My friend Amy will take it and I am sure quite a few other people, just not me here in Indy.  I want to go to work tomorrow, I have quite a few things to work on and I want to see my roomie for Sushi tomorrow night and run errands.  Just do not let it snow until late Friday night, It can however cancel school on Saturday morning so that I can study more as I am stressed.  That it can cure ever so slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment