Sunday, February 14, 2010

still to come

Tegan is still to arrive.  She may be just a bit comfortable in the womb and while Luz was in the hospital for about 24hrs and having strong contractions they just did not get too close and she did not dialate further than 3cm but was 90% efaced.  It was odd, my sister Luz is walking with her IV and talking to me about movies and such then it comes, every lap around the Birthing floor but at different points.  She cannot tolerate pain in any way but she did a great job of breathing through each contraction and her husband Tim was right there with her to talk to her and hold on to her.  I know some about childbirthing thanks to Human Sexuality course in college and from hearing stories.  PS I have no desire to see it in person or be in that position, it kinda scares me. I also had some pics of my sisters walking around the hospital but managed to erase them as I was trying to clear my memory card. BOO on me!  But they released her from the hospital this afternoon to go home and try to move things along, which being at home doing things may be better for her than laying around and trying to walk and being connected to machines.  She will go back to see the Dr tomorrow and see what the plan is, I vote it will be Wednesday before she has Tegan but she said no way.  She cannot wait that much longer, and will suggest the Dr induce her labor.  So the wait is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment