Sunday, January 31, 2010

busy

Well this week has been quite busy, you may notice as I have not blogged since Tuesday.  I have been busy with work and then coming home to try study, and not give in to whatever distraction may occur.  I also try to make time for Darren and I, usually happening while we prep the food and have dinner.  Things are going alright, nothing comes easy, its just to continue to take my complete attention as well as time set aside and all that good stuff. 
I did so completely crash yeasterday afternoon for over an hour, it may have even been 2.  Of course this only came as I was just closing my eyes and the phone rang.  It was the ringtone that I use for everyone so I had to take a peek, it was Ashley and as I have been thinking about her I answered and we spent some time catching eash other up.  After that call I turned back around in the couch and the phone rang again but this time It was my parents ringtone which meant the call could be coming from the house or either one of my parents cell phones and with my sister a few weeks from her due date you just never know.  As I had spoken to mom earlier, I figured it might be her again. But when I picked up the phone it was Dad's cell and it was also him on the line, my mom has the habit of using whoever's cell phone is the closest or fully charged.  Dad wanted to know about my tax papers (my parents take care of that) and catch up.  I had not mailed them to him due to not making it over to the post office.  He asked how things are going, to update on my paperwork.  And as always told me to take care and a little secret for me and the rareity of "I love you baby."  I am my dad's baby, I think this happens in mose families, no matter how much we grow up our parents still see us as children.  And as I got off the phone I let Darren know it was dad, and of course Darren asked if Dad was angry (Darren asking and saying that people are angry is a whole other story kind of like his need to swat), and I responded that Dad is never angry at me.  Then it finally happend my maybe 2 hour nap.  It was awesome! Very much needed as I had plans to hang out with Chad and the guys while they were in town. 
The guys were here for Indiana Winterfest, which is a brewers festival.  They came up last year and it was fun to go out with them.  We had dinner at the Ram and I got to see Mr H, Chads dad and of course being complementive let me know that I was looking great, so it was 5 gentlemen and myself,  Dad headed back to the hotel as the rest of us then headed to Alcatraz for a drink, then Rock Bottom (or as Ray likes to call it Bottoms up).  Ray is his own story and I would not even know where to begin.  Now Drew and I had this amazing carrot cake that we shared last year.  So as we got situatedat Rock Bottom I ordered the cake.  I had not looked at the menu as I had picked a choice beverage that the waitress recommended.  As we are waiting, out come the drinks then she brings out this tiny almost cupcake looking but not.  She said that this was how they made it, they had made the cake in house and most people did not buy it as It was a huge piece, and we replied thats why you share it.  Drew and I were very much disappointed as it did not taste the same, the consistency was off and not so much carrot cake at all.  Appearantly the restaruant decided that it would be a good idea to join the fad of single person desserts, ps I hate fads.  After that disappointment we trecked over to the Wild Beaver Saloon, which is a bar and of course does not have to comply with the law and is a smoking establishment.  But here the guys met some firefighters, totally was complimented on for my fab Juicy Couture glasses, and also had a few life lessons on relationships from Drew and Mike.  This was Mike's first trip down with the guys as he did not join them last year.  It was helpful, I can take a males advice from the stand point that they are in the shoes that I may not always understand.  They gave me some insight as they both have been married for awhile and have the whole family thing going.  So I had a few things to think about.  Drew got us, myself and Mike, a Washington apple shot and it was actually delicious.  Not too much.  Then Chad and I seperated from the group to take a walk back and make sure we catch up on each others lives.  We talk from time to time on the phone and text but we always have great conversation and being that we are each others sound boards and best friends we had to make sure to just breathe our lives to one another.  It was a great night.  I will have to post some photos once Chad gets those to me as I took like 3 photos all night long, I guess I just got carried away in the excitement of hanging out with some great men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment