Sunday, January 3, 2010

Attempting to find a new home

So, I am on the prowl for a new place to call home. Its hard, frustrating and even more, time consuming. I know that we, Darren and myself, would prefer if I did not have to sign a lease but there are not very many choices along those lines. And If I have to sign a lease I need to make sure a short term lease is also available as my new home is for a year a half before my next move.
I actually chanced upon my recent apartment, I was sick, it was close to where I was going to be working and had one day to find a place before I had to head out to NC for training. I have lived there for nearly 2 years, Jess joined me in late August of my first year and we re-signed last February for one more year.
Due to my job, it would be best if I could live on the Northern part of Indy, which can be expensive. Another goal is to try to save money during that time.
I am by NO means an expert on trying to find a place to live. I just want to live in a safe place, which means stay away from the East side of Indy. In fact the best place for the money is on the West side, which is 15 minutes from work. Although Rachel has suggested that we could find a place together, with her brother makes 3. I am waiting for Rach to contact me so that I have more of an idea of where to look to find middle ground that works for all 3 of us.
So the search continues...
Its also Sunday, and my "ritual" is to wake up brush my teeth then get on the computer to find new posts on PostSecret, It is a guilty pleasure of mine. I have one of the books and while in college we also had a Valentines PostSecret/Postcard sale to raise money for the Art Student League at my Alma Mater, Barton College. Where I hope my Legacy, my future niece, will go one day or at the very least be a Phi Mu like myself. Because Greeks do it Better!

No comments:

Post a Comment