Saturday, January 2, 2010

Its Cold Outside

So today has been pretty un-eventful. After attempting to have lunch with Rachel downtown I ate by myself at Noodles Co. Then headed over to the IRT to have my gift certificate redeemed for a show. I am going to see Love Letter by A. R. Gurney. this Thursday night. This gift was from Darren and even though I will be on my own for the night I am extremely excited to see a show as it has been awhile. Well I had to walk from the garage to the restaruant then to the IRT which is a block over and down from where I was,I had on a wool coat, hat, gloves and scarf but that sneeky wind still made it through and hit my skin. It probably did not help that I wore my Sperry's without socks as that is how I usually wear those shoes. I was smarter on the way back to the garage, I went through the arts garden back through the mall and to Ruby.

It gave me time to reflect on a few things in my life. Like how foolish I was to not wear my Coach Boots and as I passed Kay Jeweler's how sad it was to let the Lady know I already have a copy of their magazine. I am a dork and it is okay. I also got to thinking as I avoided going into some of my favorite stores how much it bites that I am having a hard time with my clothes, as in they are falling off of me. I like to buy things that fit well and even if they cost a little more its the quality, fit and a staple item that I am willing to put out the hard earned cash. Well I have not done so in recent times, I also have a hard time storing some of my favorite items in hopes that they will fit again or as Darren suggests to put them in the Goodwill Pile. (I will blame the ability to hoard on my mothet, thats a whole other subject for another day.) And its not so much that I hoard things, really just clothes, I have a hard time parting with them as they used to fit perfectly. I guess the key word is Used to. My tops in general fit well, dresses have been replaced. Another item I cannot part with, dresses, if you know my family then you know why. They are timeless pieces that are at times paid for at full price, although I do look for great bargains. The hardest thing is that when I go to grab a favorite piece from the closet for church or an outing It can turn into a wardrobe mishap. I have ended up in tears, and Darren does not know how to handle me in that state, about trying on about 4 combinations of appropriate wear to church and nothing.
Nada, works out. It is in a way depressing. People can say " oh you are so thin," "how did you do it?" I do not know how I did it. I just kinda happened after college, It just started coming off. I used to have a curvy body, where my jeans would hug all the right places instead I now have a more straight boy figure. And I used to tease Sarah about her body, now I own a simiar version. (Sarah is another friend from Manchester, we used to go shopping together, one of our pasttimes, or I shopped and she lived throguh me.) I know this much, I am a healthier me, I eat better than I did in college, do not have nearly 2 dinners a night, do not drink as much, am active (atleast during the summer). Life changed a lot for me after graduation, not to mention that my parents allow me to be picky about what I eat and how it is made. I worked at a summer camp, took walks on my evenings that were available, then went home and worked the Pools and the Y where I spent quite a few hours in the pool as an instructor and on deck as a lifeguard. I always made time to eat. In fact I had 2 servings of Lasagna at Christmas eve dinner. I do not by any means avoid meals, I let people know that I am the type of Lady who likes to eat. I have 2 good meals a day, usually a breakfast bar in the morning and drink 2 bottles of water a day. All in all it bites the big one when your favorite pieces of clothing just do not fit correctly. This is what happens when I have time to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment