Friday, January 15, 2010

Oh, to live a rich life


So today as I was driving from work to Chik-fil-A for a late lunch I was talking to my best friend Malissa, we were discussing her shopping trip.  She was at Target and roaming around when I called her.  Malissa is pretty amazing, there is no argument there.  She was describing some items she had found and also an e-mail she sent to me last night.  We are artistic people and she seemed to find some great finds including a pair of "Malissa" blue loafers, as seen to the right, I LovE loafers and own a pair of red velvet Michael Kors.  They are statement pieces.  Then we started talking about my sister Luz and her Baby shower tomorrow afternoon and how mom would like for me to be there, probably more than my sister as well as mom having some "Xenia" (I go by my middle name with the family) withdrawl.  After all its been about 3 weeks since I have seen mom.  And of course I have that Anatomy class at the crack of dawn for 4 hours tomorrow so weighing the pros and cons.  It is after all a 3 hour drive one way and its not at my folks house but instead in Michigan City where my sister lives, then the drive back to INdy.  And I have a test for one class due this weekend as well.  Its a tough one.


This whole time while I was talking to Malissa and how she put more firewood in my kiln with an e-mail she sent me last night I began thinking while talking and driving. Watch ouT! (seriously I was safe) I have a friend, a truly wonderful friend who listens and how much that is a blessing.  Its a richness that is not monetary but very much for the soul.  Malissa can put me in my place, slap me back into shape (figuratively), also enjoys fashion, she can bring laughter and has a great personality that constantly and consistently takes me for who I am.  She also gives me a news update Sunday evenings when we talk while she is at work, taking her shift to get the paper out for Monday morning.

I guess I just have those moments of, WoW, I know this but I am blessed, my life has been enriched by the various people who share my excitement, joys, struggles, and laugh at me when I cannot find my own way.  I loVe it.  Of course there are very many people as well, my Folks, they always take care of me and let me have my time with them whether its talking and a movie with dad or shopping or staying in with mom.  They have given me more than I can even imagine.  I have a huge family and they each offer of themselves no matter the circumstance.  And tonight I get to go to the IRT for the play.  Another greatness, Darren, even if we will not spend dinner together I will get to have time to myself, get dolled up and then crash before class in the AM.
PS we had the infamous Chicken tacos last night for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment