Thursday, January 21, 2010

Being


There are times in life when I think about just being.  As in being a child again as I walked the aisles of toys and summer games at the local Wal-Mart.  To be carefree, run around wild and aimless, hang like a monkey, have super soakers, and the excuse of being a child.  Living for the moments rather than losing them in the chaos of life.  Singing too loud, I often used my hairbrush as my microphone but my cousin, Tamar,above R, used to use her hand as the mic.  You believed in anything and in my family you had to learn to share, hence the walkie-talkie that another cousin, Abidaih was entertained with.  There never had to be a reason to get together, it was a celebration of its own.  Where everyone could enjoy the most random activities, most if not all contained some type of food and the joy of sharing it with it others.    Then there were the actual celebrations, a family that always made a huge deal out of birthdays.  And while I may have come to my own conclusion of Christmas becoming better as I have aged and my own birthday becoming not as fun due to being away from my family I remember most of all the laughs, pinatas, food and cake. 
There was always happiness, always something to look forward to, an excitement, stress-free, fairy tale ending. A great love, to believe in love and love unconditionally without even realizing it. An innocence and never a need to prove one's self. To go about just like anybody else your size. To believe in the Land of Imagination. To Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment